SHOP & ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
Shop and Establishment is the most important license in India which is regulated by the Department of Labour. It was established in the year 1953 and is defined state-wise which means that the Shops and Establishment Act differs in every state.
This act is not only applicable to commercial establishments, but also charitable trusts, educational institutions which work for profit, banking, insurance, stock brokerage, society, amusement parks, etc. Excluding factories.
Shop and Establishment Act regulates the wages of workers, working hours, holidays, leaves, term of service, working conditions of labourers working in the above said establishments. The establishments that come under the scrutiny of this act mandatorily have to get the Shop and Establishment Registration done within 30 working days of the commencement of work.
KEY POINTS ON SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENT
Applies to all commercial establishment which includes shops, offices, schools, hospitals, societies, charitable trusts, educational institutions which operate for the motive to earn profits. However, factories are not covered by the shops & establishments Act and are regulated by the Factories Act, 1948.
Meaning of Shop
A premises where any trade or business is carried on or where services are rendered to customers. It includes offices or warehouses, whether in the same premises or not, used in connection with such trade or business, but does not include a shop or office attached to a factory within the scope of the Factories.
A Commercial Establishment shall mean a commercial or trading or banking or insurance establishment, an establishment or administrative service in which persons employed are mainly engaged in office work, a hotel, restaurant, boarding or eating house etc a cafe or any other refreshment house, etc
Information required for filling up of Form A
Name of The Company
Telephone No / E-Mail Address
Details of Director/ Managing Director/ Proprietor – Address, Ph.No, eMail ID
Details of Authorized Signatory (in case whose is signing in the place of Director)
Nature of Business
Date of Commencement of Business
No. of in the Company (Male & Female to be mentioned separately)
WHAT ARE THE REGULATIONS UNDER THE SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT ACT?
Shop and Establishment being an important license providing statutory obligation and rights to the employer and employees in the unorganized sector have certain objectives to regulate which are as follows:
- Working Hours
- Prohibiting employment of children
- Lunch break and interval
- Weekly holiday
- Leave policy
- Payment of wages
- Cleanliness and Hygiene of workplace
- Lighting and Ventilation
- Safety and precautions
- Record Keeping
- Salary Deductions
SHOPS AND ESTABLISHMENT ACT REGISTRATION
As the Labour Department manages and controls the Shops and Establishment Act which is specific to each state and compulsory for all business organizations which are not confined or applicable to the Factories Act 1948. This registration is also mandatory for people working from home. Read More
SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT PROCESS
- The Employers must fill with the name of the employer, name and address of establishment, number of employees, etc. and send the prescribe form along with the fees to the Inspector of that particular area with 30 days of commencement of work
- Once the Inspector is satisfied and agrees to the correctness of the information a certificate of Registration is issued.
- Changes in the form need to be intimated to the Inspector through the prescribed form.
- If there is a need to close the establishment, it should be intimated to the Inspector within 10 days upon which registration gets cancelled.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
- PAN / Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Voter Id
- Photo of Owner
- Photo of Shop along with Owner ( Just Click with Mobile Phone )
- Rent Agreement, if Rented
- Electricity Bill
BENEFITS ON CHOOSING AAVANA
- Proven Credibility
- 1000+ Happy Customers
- Affordable Pricing
- Professional Team
- On Time Process and Delivery
ADVANTAGES OF SHOPS AND ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
- Process of registration of Shops and Establishment Act done online can be completed quickly within 2-3 working days.
- Photo of Owner
- Once registered, you can get away from the clutches of the Inspector from the state government or municipal body who comes for inspection visits to your premises.
- The shop and establishment license along with a certificate from Chartered Accountant can help an individual to open the current account with the bank.
- As the compliances applicable is lesser for Shop and Establishment Act, the cost involved is also minimum.
If you’re looking for Shop and Establishment Registration in Bangalore or other states, we at Aavana have a broader knowledge and experience in how this registration is conducted in various states, what are laws applicable, how to strategize your employee related policies, what are the benefits of getting this license and finally help in making your business function smoothly without any labour hassles.